Sugarplum Stage Makeup
This Nutcracker Makeup Series tutorial is my look for the Sugar Plum Fairy. I used sugary-colored pastels on the eyes and pretty pinks on the lips and cheeks. This ballet stage makeup can also be worn for the Dew Drop Fairy. Perfect for the holidays!
Each and every look will follow the blueprint of The Basic Stage Eye. So head there for help.
(These are the exact products in the look- but you can use any brand you like.)
Base & Contour – See Basic Stage Makeup
Shadows “A2, B2, C2, and C4”
Mascara & Lashes – See Basic Stage Makeup
Cheeks & Lips
Eye Step By Step
(Click on pictures to enlarge.)
1. Apply a teal blue/green shadow to the lid.
2. Brush a darker teal into the crease and outer corner of the eye to contour.
3. With your black liner, draw a thick line along the lashes that extends slightly upward at the end.
4. Now, using the Quartz lip liner (YES!) or any other berry-colored liner, draw a line following the crease of the eye, and connect it to the end of the black one. Remember, it does not have to be perfect, as you see mine is not!
5. Taking a berry colored shadow, go over the line you just made, blending it out to ensure the line is not harsh.
6. Using the purple liner, line the lower lashline, finishing right up under the black line.
7. Go over the underline with the bright purple shadow to soften it.
8. Curl lashes and apply your favorite mascara.
9. Finish the look with false lashes!
Here is the look onstage: