Healthy Breakfast Ideas
Today I share two of my go-to quick, easy, and healthy breakfasts! Both are great for dancers and athletes because they provide slow burning carbs and protein to keep you energized throughout the morning. Plus, they are so simple to make and require very few ingredients. I have listed the recipes below.
Banana Walnut Oatmeal
1/4 (or package serving size) Irish Oats
Tbsp of Walnuts
3/4 cup of water (or milk)
Sweetener of choice
Dash of Cinnamon (optional)
1. Bring water to a boil.
2. Add oatmeal, and simmer over medium low heat uncovered for 5-7 minutes (or however long package says).
3.When there is 1 minute remaining, add banana, walnuts, and sweetener. Stir together and let sit for remaining time.
4. Plate, and add cinnamon if desired.
Omelet & Fruit
2 eggs (or number of choice)
Cooking spray or oil (coconut is my choice)
Cheese or anything else you want to add to your omelet
1. Apply cooking spray or oil to pan as it heats up.
2. Beat eggs together and add to the pan.
3. When it starts to sizzle, use a spatula to mix eggs a bit for volume.
4. Either add toppings and fold one half over, or flip the egg like a pancake, add toppings, and fold half over.
Yogurt of your choice
Slice fruit and drizzle with a bit of yogurt.
For a heartier breakfast, add a piece of toast or two.